Friday, August 10, 2007

The princess and the ball players

A bit of introduction about our kids. S is 6 1/2 and going into first grade. She's a princess in every way--loves pink, dress-up, Barbies, dress-up, playing make-believe, and dress-up. Did I mention she likes dressing up? She frequently will get dressed for the day and then an hour later, decide she's going to dress up. Leotards, ballet slippers, crowns, dress-up shoes--the works. I had a pretty vivid imagination as a child (still do, actually) so it's nice to see that my daughter got that from me. A not -so-nice trait she inherited from me is her tendency for drama. It can get out of hand some days, but all in all, she's a pretty fantastic little girl. :)

H is 4 and the consummate ball player. He loves all sports, but baseball is his true love. When he was 2, my mother-in-law took him to a baseball game, and he sat through the entire thing. There were treats involved, of course, but still pretty impressive that he was so riveted. He's a lefty and loves hitting homeruns out of our backyard. And he's already got a pretty good fastball. H will start his 2nd year of preschool this fall and can already write his name really well.

T is 2 and for a while it seemed like he was less into sports than H but recently, T proved us wrong. He wants to play baseball all day long and always asks me to pitch to him while I'm working. Mind you, he then hits the ball inches away from my husband's computer, but he hasn't hit anything valuable yet... He runs all day long and anything that H does, T wants to do. I'm not sure how T's going to handle the older kids being gone more for school this year. Last year, he relished the time because he could actually watch an entire Baby Einstein without being mauled, but this year, he's the one who usually does the mauling. I, for one, am looking forward to the quiet. :)

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Cute pictures!

Dress up, eh? Aren't you the one who said NO DRESSING UP for our next book group? :-)

J

Nataluscious said...

What fun personalities! I am happy on your behalf for the time when you'll have two kids away at school this fall. I sympathize with trying to work from home and dealing with small children. You're a saint! :) (even on those days you don't feel like it - ha.)