Monday, November 17, 2008

Just T and the babies

My favorite time of the workday is when it's just me, T, and the babies each afternoon. T usually takes a nap on the couch, his brother and sister snooze away in their swings, and I work amidst the quiet. It's delightful. It's an especially nice break from the fighting that T and H do on a daily basis. All in all, they have a great time together, but I get tired of breaking up fights over action figures, determining who actually hit whom, and sending both to time out yet again. It's mostly just nice to hang out with any of the older three on their own. T and I have some great conversations. Here's my favorite from today:

T: Mom, I jumped over A2. (A2 was lying on the rug in the living room at the time.)
Me: T! You shouldn't jump over your brother. What if you fell on him? You could really hurt him!
T: If I fell on him, I would say sorry.

Well, then. I'm sure A2 would feel much better about the whole thing if T just apologized after breaking his tiny arm.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Isn't it funny how calm it can feel with just three kids at home now that you have five. How crazy perspective changes with time and experiences.

I'm always worried too about jumpy older siblings that find it fun to jump over little ones on the floor. It seriously makes my heart stop when I see it!

Anonymous said...

Isn't life so much simpler when you are 3?

Tiffany said...

T is so awesome! He knows that saying sorry would make it all better, right? :)

Sabine Berlin said...

Glad to here you get a break sometimes.

Gail said...

Sorry does make it all better.