So, 2008 has begun and I'm back to work. Awesome. The kids are all in bad moods today (especially T --my ears hurt from all of his yelling) and I've got a pile of work to get through in the next few days.
I really don't take much stock in New Year's resolutions, mostly because so many of them get ignored. Case in point: Beginning in January, the gym I go to becomes super crowded. And I hate it. The treadmills are all taken and don't even think about snagging a bike at one of the spin classes. (Seriously--those classes start at 5:15 AM and people get there at 4:45 AM to get a bike. I gave up on those a long time ago.) The truly sad thing is that around the middle of February, it all dies back down to where it was before. The "resolutioners" quietly go away and I stop muttering under my breath every time I go to the gym. It's an annoying phenomenon for me every year, but more sad than anything that so many people start out the year with good intentions and then ditch them so quickly.
So... I don't like resolutions much. But I have thought of one thing that I want to work on this year--being more joyful. I want to be a happier person, take more time to appreciate the small things that I have to be grateful for, not always worry so much about work deadlines, and pay more attention to my kids when they need me during the workday.
That's it. We'll see how I do. :)
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love your thoughts. I am really trying to focus more on the kids time. It is hard when your messy house is yelling at you.
So what about the resolutioners...look at you the stout and devoted gym goer...you don't need resolutions. You just are.
Don't you just want to go in to the gym on January 2nd and yell 'You should all just quit now and save us the chaos!' Of course, that would be rude so let's just think it ;-)
What's a gym?
It's this somewhat smelly place where you pay money to go and sweat. And sometimes, on rare occasions, regular attendance helps you lose weight. At least that's what I've heard. :)
Post a Comment