Friday, May 30, 2008

See you in September...

... or late August, to be more exact. School's out for the summer, and right now, I couldn't be happier about that. I'm sure I'll take that back in a few weeks when the kids are restless and bored, but for now, not dragging S out of bed every morning, and not telling H once again to hurry up is a welcome relief.

Last week, we enjoyed H's preschool graduation. The kids performed songs and plays, including classics like, "A peanut sat on a railroad track" and "Mama's Soup Surprise." We had to do the graduation in his teacher's garage because it was rainy and cold that day, but no matter. Everything went great, except for the minor issue of T wanting to be a part of the whole thing and sneaking up to the stage every two seconds.

S had fun the last few weeks of school, with pajama days and field days, and a whole lot of candy for some reason. On Tuesday, she performed in the dance festival at school and then had her year-end clogging performance that night. Her team performed "Holla" and "Friend Like Me." She was the most excited to get her trophy, which was bigger than last year's.

And last, but not least, the T-man. He didn't go to school this year, but he did have a family birthday party on Sunday, where he received oodles of toys and clothes. And as always, he pretty much thinks he's a part of everything anyway, so he's spent the past few days walking around the house with a little backpack on and waving to me as he goes off to school. :)

2 comments:

Shea said...

Hey, I've been thinking about you lately. I hope the next 6 weeks or so are good to you. Good luck with everything!

kingwritergirl said...

Every since my kids have started school summer has been just as fun for me as it is for them! I hope summer goes as smoothly as possible for you. Good luck!