It's sad that the tooth fairy was so exhausted last night that she forgot to exchange H's first lost tooth for money (especially when you consider that we have a special tooth fairy pillow that my mom made and that I put this pillow on the window sill in H's room so that the tooth fairy wouldn't forget.) Even sadder was H's face when he came into my bathroom this morning to tell me that his tooth was still there. I told him that maybe the tooth fairy was still out looking for our new house. He seemed to think this was a plausible explanation. Luckily, the tooth fairy found our house while H was getting ready for school, and did her job. He was pleased with the two gold dollars he got. (I think the tooth fairy felt guilty.)
I hate it when fairy tale creatures forget things.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
ah! H has a shark tooth like my kids. All three of my children who have lost teeth have had shark teeth--two out of three required professional intervention to get rid of the baby teeth. Tell H he is lucky that way! Fairy tale creatures have so much to remember these days, it must be rough for them to stay on top of things. Congrats H!
Glad she finally remembered. We have the German tooth fairy and the American one, so it is really bad when they both forget!
Don't feel bad Tennille... I used to forget all the time, and more than once had to do some fast talking to avert a Tooth Fairy Faux Pas. However, the jig was finally up when I snuck in there to stick some cash under his pillow while he was in the bathroom... and a few minutes later he came into the kitchen and said: "Here, Mom... you left your wallet on my bed."
Oh yeah... I don't make this stuff up... :)
Post a Comment