The days are getting shorter. Autumn is here and it gets darker earlier every day. And, the days I have with my kids are getting shorter. Even though I often try to wish away the stress of taking care of five kids, I know that I'll miss it when it's gone. I'll miss N's near-constant babble of "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." and A2's precious way of putting his hands on either side of my face and looking into my eyes while he lovingly says, "Momma." And I'll definitely miss the way the older kids randomly throw their arms around my legs for a hug.
Short... much too short.

5 comments:
that picture of N is my very favorite! Time is a fun house mirror for moms.
It is a truly wise mother who recognizes the things she will miss while she has them! You've made me cry.
Awww precious n and a.... too cute!
i don't even recognize those two babies, who are they and what did they do with your toothless drool fests? I
Hello my friend... it's been a while and I'm catching up on your blog (and what's happening in your life!).
Reading posts like this makes my eyes leak and my heart ache. My one and only will be off to high school next year (I know, I KNOW)... in a few short years he will be off to conquer the world... and I can hardly believe it. You are SO LUCKY to be the mom of FIVE great kids who are still small enough to hug your legs!
Cherish them all because, as you've so aptly put it: The days are, indeed, MUCH TOO SHORT.
Post a Comment